Groups are a great way to connect, engage, and cathartically emote in a non-judgmental environment. Groups are a safe way to learn that you are not the only one suffering from the problem you have. Groups can teach you to identify with others and share experiences with others while learning great techniques and coping strategies in the group setting.
Most of my groups are about 6-7 weeks long for an hour each week.
Esteem Boosting Summer: Designed to help teenagers build resiliency against low self-esteem. Starting on July 11th.
- Does experience lack social skills and self-confidence?
- Feel depressed, anxious, shame, isolated, and or inadequate?
- Have a pessimistic view of life?
- Tend to be highly self-critical?
- Experience fatigue, insomnia, or headaches?
- Worry about what others think of him/her?
Mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioral techniques are evidenced based techniques to help your child build resiliency against low self-esteem.
- Take a low self-esteem assessment at the beginning of the program
- Discover underlying unhealthy patterns leading to inadequate feelings
- Identify the malfunctioning beliefs related to low self-worth
- Learn the mechanics of changing the malfunctioning beliefs to create a healthy and constructive belief system.
- Acquire techniques like mindfulness to build resiliency against low self-esteem.
- Learn relaxation techniques to cope with anxiety, depressed feelings, and physical symptoms.
- Exchange successful strategies with other participants
- When: This program will run every Wednesday from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm from July 11th until Aug 22nd. Following are the dates: 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1, 8/8, 8/15, and 8/22.
- Where: This is an online group coaching program. You will be provided with the online joining information once you are accepted into the program.
- Who: This program is best for high school students who are struggling with anxiety, depression, social skills, and low self-confidence.
- What: The program will cover a wide range of topics: mindfulness-based cognitive behavioral techniques, relaxation exercises, guided meditation, social skills training for teenagers, and many more skills and techniques to help your child discover underlying malfunctioning patterns contributing to low self-esteem and how to build a new set of beliefs that promote self-confidence and self-worth. Participants will have 7 hours of group coaching and one half hour individual coaching session with me to help them apply the program to their unique struggles.
- Why: Untreated low self-esteem can lead to severe anxiety, major depression, and other severe mental disorders including suicidal ideation. Giving the right tools and skills to your child is pivotal to prevent lifelong struggles and the development of a pessimistic view of life. Adolescence age is a very tender developmental stage to learn social and emotional skills for a strong and confident future identity.
- Cost: The full investment for this program is $287, which is about $40/week (less than a copay for insurance). The fee can be divided into two payments of $143.50 each as long as it is paid in full before the program begins.
I am Dr Gurpreet Kaur, Founder of Living Excellence Today. I am a licensed professional counsellor, a coach, and a speaker. I provide individual and group counselling and coaching to gifted adolescents and adults. Some of the concerns I work with include self-criticism, self-esteem/worth issues, idealism, perfectionist tendencies, over-analyzation, social anxiety, and feelings of inadequacy. I apply a unique holistic approach grounded in Mindfulness-based cognitive behavioural techniques, positive psychology, and existential psychology to counselling and coaching. My clinical specialities include anxiety disorders and mood disorders.
Please fill out the following application to apply for a spot in the group. Once we receive your application, I will be in contact with you to schedule a phone interview to determine next best steps for your child.
Error: Contact form not found.