Being satisfied with what you look like can appear to be tuff in this present appearance-driven society. The media sustains you consistent messages such as “does your skin look like this” or “do you wish to have a figure like this,” breeds dissatisfaction in you.
Trust me, Feeling pleased with your appearance is the ultimate path to personal fulfillment. But if you are unable to achieve it, you may feel inadequate.
Here are some simple ways you can do to keep a healthy mindset about your body dysmorphia.
My Ten Tips
Let’s now have a glimpse on the more practical ways of overcoming your feelings of inadequacy regarding your appearance and looks.
1. Resist Media: First thing I would recommend is to do away with the Media-idealized ideals of beauty. Always remember, you alone cannot change the ideologies of the entire society. You are not here to improve the thought process of others regarding beauty. But, you can always change your perspective. I believe that it is little silly on our part to adore the vision that the media highlights upon. Instead, you want to focus on the abstract qualities that you find in genuine people and look upto in real life.
2. Build Character: Make your confidence dependent upon your inner, and not your physical attributes. It is a must that you focus more on your capacities, identity, connections, and viewpoint on the world. I can bet on my part that these will perpetually garner improvement with time and are more variable than facial or bodily attributes.
3. Be Realistic: Let me just come out and say it. There is nothing to worry if you believe you “look bad,” right? It is not about looking bad but more about accepting it. The tension and stress you feel about what you look like can take a real toll all over, and you’ll probably show the external signs that genuinely degrade a charming appearance. If you focus more on #3 and building character, you will find beauty within and would not care as much about the physical appearance.
4. Smile: It seems a common sense but a lot of us forget to smile under stressful conditions. I believe that a smile is something that has the power to change vision, change the world. Amassing all your features into a pleasant look when you meet people, go far toward giving yourself an additionally pleasing appearance. It is a fact; individuals like to gel up with ones who smile. As far as the beauty theory goes, smiling can enhance your mood too. Killing two birds with one stone. Enhanced mood with a smile is far prettier than makeup covered one.
5. Bye Cosmetics: I think taking a break from cosmetics can be essential in accepting your physical appearance. Attempt a day or two of being without makeup. You might feel weird or even more inadequate initially, but trust me; you will discover that you look better when your skin has an opportunity to inhale, and your eyelashes aren’t hidden under the eyeliner.
6. Be comfortable: Wearing what makes you comfortable is far more attractive and confidence boosting. Two things that really can make you feel adequate no matter what the situation is. Alongside the cosmetics, you can likewise go sans clothes that you believe you have to wear just because they are in fashion. After two or three days, on the off chance that you “let it go,” you’ll feel less focused on wearing what’s in fashion and remain more genuine to yourself.
7. Avoid Mirror: Enjoy a break from the mirror sometimes. Try not to break the mirrors, however, take a short relief from always checking yourself out in them. Abstain yourself from having a look at yourself in the rear mirror or even at the store window whenever you pass by. That will make you feel much more inadequate. Instead, center on how you feel inside.
8. Be Healthy: Keeping focus on being healthy is going to be mentally and emotionally much better for you than trying to keep up with a model figure by restricting eating, binge eating, over exercising, or purging. Continually being worried about your body shape isn’t useful to your overall wellness. Participate in enough exercise and healthy eating. It’s really about small choices that add up to be big deals. Make wise choices on daily basis.
9. Trust Loved Ones: Valuing the opinions of your loved ones can be catalyst to changing how you think and feel about your appearance. You probably will not have much confidence in applying the things I am suggesting here, however, if you ask your loved ones about their opinion on something you think is a disaster will comfort you till you find that comfort and acceptance from within. These folks know you more than you think they do.
10. Accept Your Aging: We all try to compare ourselves with ones who are years younger than us. This with time will lower confidence. Age is something to be taken with pride as it brings along maturity and understanding. Each day, you’ll grow old and this you want to accept it.
Defeating a prolonged viewpoint of the society is hard and will take a long time. It is not a simple change. I still urge you to make small changes within you. After all society is a sum of many. You can start this change. I can understand that the journey can be rough at times. That’s why there is professional help available. Please let me know if I could be of any help.